Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Midsummer Days


The Sfetsy Trunk show was a success! A big thanks to Linda from LindaDavisDesigns for hosting and all the team members who showcased their creative goods! My highlights from the show....
  • Having numerous friends come by to show their support. Love you all!

  • Seeing fellow SFetsy members once again and meeting new ones :)

  • Assisting lovely Kim with her friends bridal shower cupcakes while helping her choose a Hair Petals piece for the wedding.

  • Meeting a lovely Yelper named Jane who came just for the cuppies :)

  • Assisting a soon-to-be bride with cupcakes for her rehersal dinner in September.

  • Turning around only to find your closest South Torrance classmate from 3rd to 5th grade for the first time in over 20 years. Random, but heartwarming!

  • Taking a photo with your long lost friend to remember this moment.

  • My boyfriend Sean trying to reformat my new digital camera, but instead erases every single photo taken at the show. Including the one of my friend and I. Booooo!




A warm hug to Christina of Christina Williams Designs for gifting me these beautiful handmade cards in my favorite color.




I have been playing with a new technique using wire wrapped beads and crystals. Fellow SFEtsy member Linda Davis was my true inspiration as I fell in love with all of her wired wrapped hair combs and head pieces. I have about 20 new Hair Petals pieces to post in my shop, but I am unsure if I will have time before we leave for tropical paradise.






We are very excited for our little getaway to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and visit with my best friend in her new home in CR. I am making some tropical themed Hair Petals that she will be selling in her shop Urban Eclectic in Tamarindo. Five more days and counting. Lots to do!

3 comments:

marae said...

Love the new layout!! And the show sounded so fun, I am sorry I missed it. Have a BLAST in CR if I do not talk to you before then. Do not let Sean near camera with vacation pictures! HA.

Miranda said...

Hi Mara!!

Thanks honey. I think I may lock all of my photos!

See you soon!

~g said...

Hey Gorgeous!! First off...NOOOOO! (for the lost pics)But secondly and most importantly, we had a great time at the show! I was so glad that I could bring my family with me to show you off;) It was also great to meet some of the other creative ladies there. And Linda was a pleasure:)