Monday, June 16, 2008

My Personal Garden of Eden

~My first Dahlia of the season~

I'm a former L.A. girl that has fallen absolutely head over heels for the Bay Area. I love everything about it. The bay, beautiful green trees, mountains full of Redwoods, stunning beaches and mi casita! Sean and I live in a charming little English Tudor home that was built in the 1920's. We are beyond blessed to have such an incredible backyard that provides many delicious edibles.

~Nectarines~


~Oranges~

~Peaches~

~Apricots~

~Apples~

~Passion Vine & Bougainvillea~


~Kings of the Castle~


All of the fruit is delicious as well! The apples are the biggest I've ever seen in my life! They are so large that it only takes me two of them to make a pie. The apricots should be ready early July, with the nectarines following shortly thereafter. Oh my are they sweet! You can expect cobbler, pie and jam blogs from me this summer!

3 comments:

MorelloFamilia said...

JAM ON IT, dollface! Let's get to crackin' on that "jam" project when your fruits are ripe, baby girl. Can't wait! You know I'm down! Riley looooves jam on his toast in the morning! :)

Pretty Ditty said...

I love Dahlias! What a beautiful backyard.

marae said...

jam!!!! you have my #...hehee.

i love all the flowers, i have a patio garden with a ton of roses. portia loves playing in the pots.