Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Holy Cupcake!


I thought I'd never say this but I am cupcaked out! When you're out of school and not surrounded by children, you tend to forget that May and June bring graduations and celebrations. I have twelve cupcake orders in the next week and a half as well as my first cake order. I told myself that I'd never sell my cakes, especially my ice cream cakes, because I like to save them for special occasions, birthdays, etc. My boyfriend Sean has been pressuring me (in a good way) to market my cakes, so when I got a call from a very sweet repeat customer I could not say no.

The baking of Mira Cakes happens AFTER I get home from my aviation job which leaves no ~Miranda~ time :) I am smitten that my cupcake creations are loved....Thank you to all who support this little hobby of mine. Who knows, one day I may just have my own cupcakery here in Willow Glen. For now, jet fuel by day ~ cupcake diva by night.


I have a sweet little order with a fabulous story, but I'll have to wait until next week to share. It's a surprise from one coast to the other and it has to do with l-o-v-e! Hopefully I'll have a photo or two!


The photos shown are some of this weeks orders. Time to go as I have 80 cupcakes that need some Mira deco. Have a fabulous evening!

6 comments:

marae said...

mira you are a cupcake rockstar...!!! call me if you need any swirling help!

i love your pastel colors, and those contraband dragees...hehee.

Miranda said...

Hi sweet Mara! Thanks for your message :)

Speaking of dragees, my Mama is coming in 3 weeks. I'll see if she can bring us some more illegal deco ;)

marae said...

ha ha...i love being a rebel! did i tell you they have colored metals too, like pink and blue? so cute.

btw how do you like the cupcake courier? mine has a crack in it but i have been lazy about sending it back.

Miranda said...

I do know about the colored metallics, but I have not been able to get my paws on them.I would LOVE to have metallic purple if such thing exists!

I love the CC for storing my cupcakes before they are deco time. I used it to tote cuppies to work once and found that the handle is not very comfortable. I also noticed that the latches on each side don't seem very sturdy. Hopefully they hold up each use.

Did you get your KA repaired? Cooking.com has a black professional KA that is on sale for $319!! I already have a pro in white, but I love the black one!

marae said...

oh you so didn't need to tell me about the KA on sale :D i have to take mine in tomorrow, their service hours are a little constricting what with work and all that.

i used the CC for the first time today to take cupcakes to my Mom's class (she teaches 2nd grade)..I brought in Portia and cupcakes and they were going nuts. so cute.

Honeyed Hashette said...

You are a rockstar!